Tuesday 12 May 2015

Slimming World’s Greatest Loser: Biscuit factory worker told he should be DEAD loses over 18 stone

A biscuit factory worker who was told his blood pressure was so high that he should be DEAD lost 18.5st to become Slimming World’s Greatest Loser 2015.
Gary Marsden, 47, received the stark warning from a nurse who was carrying out routine medicals at his workplace and joined his local Slimming World group soon after.

Since shedding the pounds – nearly half Gary's body weight – he’s become an active dad and bought his first motorbike after years of being too big to ride.
The dad-of-one, from Batley in West Yorkshire, had been overweight for 20 years after starting to gain weight when he settled down with his wife.
He said: “As a young man I ate pretty healthily and never used to worry about my size. It was only when I met my wife and we moved into our own home that I began to get bigger.
"It was the first time in my life that I could buy whatever food I wanted and we were contented, too. Slowly over the years I put on more than 18st.”
Gary’s weight had a big impact on his confidence and he turned to food for comfort, trapping himself in a vicious cycle.
“I felt ashamed so I became depressed and withdrawn," he said.
"It was a catch-22 situation as I would comfort eat but then I gained more weight and became even more depressed.
"I’d make excuses not to go on nights out or attend family gatherings because I felt really self-conscious. However, I hated missing out on doing things with my son, Ben, who’s 11.”
The turning point came when Gary, who is a stock controller for Fox’s Biscuits, had a medical at work in May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment