Thursday 19 February 2015

Revealed: Former public schoolboy was one of the Chelsea fans on train of racist football thugs, claims Twitter friend


A former public schoolboy was last night named on Twitter and by friends as one of the Chelsea fans who shoved a black man off a train in Paris.
Josh Parsons, 20, was identified as one of the shouting group seen pushing the commuter twice in shocking footage. Moments later, chants of ‘We’re racist, we’re racist, and that’s the way we like it’ broke out.

Ash Williams wrote on Twitter: ‘That is Josh Parsons in the black jacket (second from right) season ticket holder.’
It came as the Frenchman who was pushed off the Metro train was revealed to be 33-year-old Souleymane S.




Withholding his surname, Souleymane told Le Parisien newspaper: 'These Chelsea supporters should be punished', and confirmed he was making a formal criminal complaint.
The married father of three, who comes from a Mauritanian background, said he intends to visit a police station in the French capital to make a complaint today.
Prosecutors have already launched a criminal enquiry for 'voluntary racial violence on public transport', which is punishable by up to three years in prison and a fine equivalent to £33,000.
Speaking for the first time, Souleymane – who said he was attacked 'because of the colour of my skin' – said: 'I didn't know that I was filmed. The fact that it is being talked about has given me the courage to go and make a complaint to the police.
'These people, these English supporters ought to be found, punished and ought to be locked up. What happened should not go unpunished.'
Souleymane lives in the Val-d'Oise department to the north of Paris, and was on his way home from his job close to the Richelieu-Drouot Metro station, in central Paris, soon after 7pm on Tuesday evening.
He tried to get on to a train, but found it packed with Chelsea fans on their way to watch the London side's European Champions League game against Paris St Germain.




He told Le Parisien: 'I wanted to get into the carriage but a group of English fans blocked me and pushed me away.
'I tried to force my way on, I kept trying to get back on. In the scramble, I lost my phone. They told me things in English but I did not really understand the meaning of their words.
'I don't speak a word of English. I understood that they were Chelsea fans, and I made the connection with the PSG match, which was taking place the same evening.
'I also understood that they were attacking me because of the colour of my skin. You know, I live with racism, I was not really surprised by what happened to me, even if it was a first in the Metro.
'I stood infront of them for a long time. Someone came up to me afterwards and said I'd been brave to stand up to such people.
'I think the whole thing lasted about six or seven minutes.




Referring to Metro workers, Souleymane said: 'After while, RATP staff intervened, but only to make sure there wasn't any fighting.
'Their aim was to make sure the traffic resumed on the line. No other passengers defended me, but anyway, what could anyone do?
'Then the train left, and I walked away, and waited for the next train. I went home and didn't mention what happened to anyone, not even my wife and children.'
'What was I meant to say to my children? That Dad was pushed and shoved in the Metro because he's black? That's hopeless'.  
Mr Parsons, a former pupil of Millfield School, where fees are £11,150 a term for boarders, studies business at Regent’s University London, a friend said. 
His former school, in Street, Somerset, was attended by James Hewitt, singer Lily Allen and several sports stars.
Yesterday, Mr Parsons’ social media profiles had been taken down and his family did not respond to enquiries.
There is no suggestion that he was involved in the pushing of the passenger or the racist chanting. 
However, having been inside the carriage during the incident, he will be a key witness for police 


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2959280/Former-public-schoolboy-season-ticket-holder-one-fans-train-racist-football-thugs-claims-friend-Twitter.html#ixzz3SB39M7eJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment