Monday 22 June 2015

Girls Killed As Car Ploughs Into Pedestrians

Two girls, aged six and seven, were killed when a car ploughed into a group of pedestrians, West Midlands Police said.
The two girls were taken to hospital after Sunday's accident in Handsworth, Birmingham, but died there.

A woman, a 12-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy were also hurt in the accident.
The group was reportedly crossing the road in front of a parked bus in Grove Lane when they were hit by the car.
A 34-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
The teenagers suffered serious injuries but their lives are not in danger. The woman, 39, is in a critical condition.
Witnesses at the scene described hearing a loud noise and seeing the group being struck.
A driver who did not want to be named told the Birmingham Mail that she saw the little girl "flying by my car".
"I stopped behind one of the buses, I heard a bang - then there was a child in the air towards my car," she said.
A resident of the the street, Fiaz Ahmed, told the website he heard this "almighty bang and the screams". 
"I ran out of the house and I could see the car and then several metres in front of it some children lying on the road," he was quoted as saying.
"They were very badly hurt."
Police were investigating the accident.
Sergeant Steve Newbury, from the force's Collision Investigation Unit, called on anybody with information to come forward and contact 101.
"I am appealing for witnesses to come forward - in particular I want passengers who were travelling on the number 101 bus at around noon along Grove Lane towards Oxhill road to call me or one of my team," he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment